Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Vietnam! Ho Chi Minh!

Overall thoughts on Maylasia: interesting mix of Malay, Indian, and Chinese. You could see it by just looking at the streets - different foods, different languages (on signs and spoken) and different architecture. It was so easy to get around and so simple - no fear of being ripped off as I do here in Vietnam.

I loved Vietnam when we were in the north, but it REALLY helped that people had been there to pave the way and make the mistakes that we learned from. I've been here 3 hours and I've had to be on my toes the entire time. From getting to the airport to the right area, looking into deals to get us to Cambodia, and even just to eat. It makes me really glad that I went to Malaysia for those 5 days instead of coming to Vietnam early. I'm sure that would have been fun, but just a lot more difficult.

No comments: